Monday, November 17, 2008

Do I Smell??

Last week was hard. I was feeling really sad about losing Cindy Wilson and thinking about the Wilson family. Let's just say my mind was not in the job, and what I needed more than anything was a good laugh. Enter my new student. Since my mind was not in the job, I had forgotten about an important meeting I had in the morning. I realized I needed to leave the house much earlier than I had planned, so I didn't have time to blow dry and straighten my hair. Instead I put in some gel and scrunch-curled it. Changes like this don't sit very well with kids who need consistency. He immediately walked up to me and said with authority and a scrunched brow, "Different." "What's different?" I asked. He pointed sharply at my head and repeated, "different." "Oh," I said. "Is my hair different today?" He nodded, still looking angry. As the morning went on, the obsession continued. "You grow out your hair?" he asked. "You grew all your hair out last night?" "No," I tried to explain. "I can't grow all my hair out in one night." Finally he walked up to me trimphantly. "I know Ston, I know. I know about your hair." "Okay." I was curious now. "What did you figure out about my hair?" "Oh Ston," he said laughing. "You finally take a shower! You finally take a shower, Ston!" There was the laugh I needed.

2 comments:

Tim said...

I wasn't going to say anything...

Noah's Mommy said...

Nice! You'll have to write that on a post-it and look at it daily for a pick me up.